The Montegut Global Scholars Program (MGSP) was established by the American Board of Family Medicine Foundation in April 2010. The MGSP is named after Alain Montegut, M.D., a member of the Board of Directors of the American Board of Family Medicine from 2006-2010, whose career has been devoted to developing high quality family medicine practice internationally, especially in underserved and/or undeveloped countries.
The MGSP was established to foster international education, research and collaboration in the specialty of family medicine. It provides a US $3,300 scholarship for one family doctor selected from each of the seven WONCA regions to attend the WONCA regional or world conference.
See here for information on the current call for nominations.
Previous MGSP scholars
- Dr Eunice Carrapiço, Portugal - WONCA Europe Montegut Scholar 2016
- Dr Patrick O'Donnell, Ireland - WONCA Europe Montegut Scholar 2015
- Dr Eralda Turkeshi, Albania - WONCA Europe Montegut Scholar 2014
- Dr Anca-Alexandra Matusz, Romania - WONCA Europe Montegut Scholar 2013
- Dr Pavlo Kolesnyk, Ukraine - WONCA Europe Montegut Scholar 2012
Dr Maltezis Kyriakos, Greece - WONCA Europe Montegut Scholar 2011