Po1703 Diabetic Foot Degree Risk Evaluation

Conference: 
Author(s): 
Ana Sotero1, Nádia Baptista2 e Inês Gornilho3
1USF AlfaBeja; 2ULSBA; 3Unidade de Saúde Familiar AlfaBeja
Text: 
INTRODUCTION:Diabetic foot is characterized by a set of anatomical and neurological and peripheral part of the complications of long-term disease. It’s an ever present reality and should be subject to an assessment and careful monitoring, appropriate to each patient individual needs. In 201.
OBJECTIVE:Describe the diabetic foot risk degree and other cardiovascular risk factors in a diabetic population as part of the Diabetes monitoring program of the Alfa Beja Family Health Unit, leading to adequate surveillance strategies to the same population.
METHODS:Observational, descriptive and transversal study. Sample: Baleizão area diabetic patients with at least one feet evaluation in 2013 were included (n=78). The variables analysed by clinical consultation processes: years of diabetes evolution, current therapy, presence of other cardiovascular risk factors and diabetic foot risk degree (calculation made according to the criteria of SAPE) program.
RESULTS:78 of the evaluated patients, 55% were female and the remaining 45% male. The average age was 71.9 years. The average years of evolution of diabetes was 10.1 years, all patients were treated with oral agents and 11.5% also with insulin. The A1C haemoglobin average of the patients was 8.5%. According to the cardiovascular risk factors 84.6% had hypertension, 52.6% had dyslipidaemia, 7.7% were smokers and had a 28.6% BMI average. In most patients the diabetic foot risk degree was classified as low risk (96.2%) and the remaining ones were classified as medium (1.2%) and high (2.6%).
DISCUSSION:In the analysed sample, we found that, although it’s a ageing population with high prevalence of certain cardiovascular risk factors, these are not reflected in the diabetic foot risk degree, since most of the patients has a low risk degree. This may be related to the surveillance quality and education program implemented in these patients , as well as a good control of the underlying disease with the appropriate A1C haemoglobin values according to the age group. The diabetic foot monitoring should be part of the follow-up protocol of the diabetic patient, as well as education, use of appropriate footwear and general measures. It should be evaluated over time according to the risk degree, in order to prevent complications. According to Direção Geral da Saúde (DGS), the low risk patients should be annually evaluated, the medium risk patients should be semi-annually and the high risk patients should be evaluated in 1 to 3 months.
Literature: 
PO1703 DIABETIC FOOT DEGREE RISK EVALUATION
Keywords: 
Diabetic foot risk evaluation, cardiovascular risk factors , monitoring program