VdGM Junior Researcher Award 2013
The Vasco da Gama Movement (VdGM) is pleased to announce the 2013 edition of the Junior Researcher Award. General practice / Family Medicine is known to be an emerging field for research activities all over the world. It's comprehensive, population based scope implies special demands for multi-methodological research skills. VdGM aims to promote a generation of junior GP/FM doctors who include research skills with patient care as a life time career. From this viewpoint, the annual Junior Researcher Award has been established to honor outstanding research and researchers careers who are GP/FM trainees or junior GP/FM with up to 5 years working experience after graduation.
Who can apply?
- GP/FM trainees, junior GP/FMs (up to 5 years after graduation from vocational training)
- A proposed research project with an impact on the field of general practice
- One application per candidate is accepted
- Every VdGM national representative can propose one researcher for his/her country, using the selection grid as proposed by VdGM (annexe)
Application only through VdGM national representatives (the list of the Europe council members is available here)
Documents to be sent:
- a copy of passport or identity card
- a copy of student registration or document of graduation
- a short letter of presentation from the candidate (max. 500 words)
- the national grid as filled out by the national representative or person responsible for national selection
- a copy of the project proposal as submitted by the candidate
Three final winners will be invited to present their project proposal during a VdGM workshop in the WONCA World 2013 conference that will be held in Prague in June. The entrance fee will be covered by VdGM. The final winner(s) will also be pronounced during the closing ceremony of the conference.
The winner will allow VdGM to publish CV, portrait photography and research abstract on the VdGM website as examples of Champions of Research as general practice clinicians.
Deadline for application to the national representatives is 15th February; deadline for the proposal of the national candidate is 28th February prior to the WONCA World conference.
Jury will define three final winners before April 1st.