The Montegut Global Scholars Program (MGSP) was established by the American Board of Family Medicine Foundation in April 2010. The MGSP is named after Alain Montegut, M.D., a member of the Board of Directors of the American Board of Family Medicine from 2006-2010, whose career has been devoted to developing high quality family medicine practice internationally, especially in underserved and/or undeveloped countries.
The MGSP was established to foster international education, research and collaboration in the specialty of family medicine. It provides a US $3,300 scholarship for one family doctor selected from each of the seven WONCA regions to attend the WONCA regional or world conference.
Call for the 2020 nominations is currently open – see here.
- 2019: Dr Snezana Knezevic
- 2018: Dr Viktoriia Tkachenko
- 2017: Dr Tzah Valency
- 2016: Dr Eunice Carrapiço, Portugal
- 2015: Dr Patrick O'Donnell, Ireland
- 2014: Dr Eralda Turkeshi, Albania
- 2013: Dr Anca-Alexandra Matusz, Romania
- 2012: Dr Pavlo Kolesnyk, Ukraine
- 2011: Dr Maltezis Kyriakos, Greece