The WONCA Europe Scholarship Committee announces a call for the candidates for the WONCA Europe Scholarship. The period of the scholarship is maximum 4 years and each year a sum of €2000 is available per scholar.
Requirements for the candidates:
- speaks and reads English (CEFR, C1 level in writing, reading and speaking, no certificate is necessary);
- in the last year of family medicine specialty training OR a maximum of 15 years after finished family medicine specialty training OR at least 3 years and a maximum of 15 years of working in family medicine/general practice settings (for countries with no specialty or equivalent vocational training as specified in Article 41 of Council Directive 93/16/EEC and the Directive 2005/36/EC);
- member of a national member organisation of WONCA Europe.
How to apply?
Please send the below stated documents to SecretariatEurope@Wonca.net by February 28, 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview.
What to send with the application:
- a recommendation letter from a WONCA Europe member organisation of your country;
- your CV;
- a letter describing your experiences in the activities of family medicine nationally and internationally and the expected outcomes of scholarship based on different competencies such as leadership, communication, organisation and their dissemination;
- a concrete plan for activities during scholarship period, mainly focused in the development of competencies of the international leadership;
- a suggestion of a mentor including:
- a letter of acceptance of that role by the suggested mentor
- a short mentor’s CV confirming he/she applies to the criteria.
Criteria for the mentors:
- at least 10 years of experience as a specialist of family medicine/general practice;
- at least 10 years of international experiences in the field of family medicine/general practice organisation and/or, policy and/or, leadership and/or networking;
- is prepared to support the activity of participating doctors through reviewing and appraisal of their work, providing feedback, advice and support;
- cannot be a member of the Scholarship Committee;
- can participate in (on-line) meetings with a Scholarship Committee when needed.
Suggestions for mentors can be obtained on request from WONCA Europe Secretariat.
See here for more information.
Dr Anna Stavdal
Outgoing WONCA Europe President
Prof Mehmet Ungan
Incoming WONCA Europe President
Dr Harris Lygidakis