WONCA Executive, at its meeting in Beijing in April 2019, has confirmed that up to $30,000 of discretionary funding will be available for disbursement in 2019-20. It agreed the following eligibility criteria for applications for discretionary funding:
- Three grants may be awarded, each of up to $10,000, however the bid has to identify clear outcomes, which are beneficial to General Practice/Family Medicine in general.
- Regions, Working Parties, Special Interest Groups and central YDM can apply.
- Priority will be given to joint bids (for collaboration between more than one of the eligible groupings)
- Any applicant can participate in one bid only
- All eligible bids will be considered by the adjudication committee but supplementary information may be sought before a final decision is made.
- Funding proposals must not include costs for travel and subsistence.
- The Adjudication Committee will consist of: Professor Val Wass (Hon Treasurer), Professor Job Metsemakers (Finance Committee), Dr Garth Manning (CEO), Dr Pratyush Kumar (Member of Executive with responsibility for WP and SIG liaison) and Professor Amanda Howe (representing WONCA Working Party on Research).
- The winning bids must produce a report at the end of the project period. The full sum will not be provided unless deliverables have been produced, and stage payments may be considered for staged activities.
- Proposed timeline is:
- Applications sought from May 2019, with deadline of August 2019.
- Adjudication in September/October 2019.
- Present to Executive at November meeting (or before, if needed)
- Projects to be completed by November 2020 (ie by time of World Council)
Interested parties are now invited to submit applications using this form.
Finalised applications should be sent to the CEO (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrive no later than Friday 30th August.