The WONCA Europe Scholarship
WONCA Europe Scholarship Committee
- Shlomo Vinker, Israel, WONCA Europe President Elect
- Sonia Tsukagoshi, UK, VdGM representative in WONCA Europe Executive Board
- Thomas Frese, Germany, representative on behalf of Member Organisations
- Erika Zelko, Slovenia, representative on behalf of Member Organisations
- Donata Kurpas, Poland, representative on behalf of Member Organisations
With the aim of scouting out future international leaders of Family Medicine / General Practice, WONCA Europe awards a 2–4 year scholarship programme on an annual basis.
Candidates will be asked to propose a programme, which would support their personal and professional growth, as well as a mentor who will follow them during the duration of the programme. An annual sum of up to €2,000 per scholar is made available to support such activities.
Examples of activities include:
- Attending WONCA Network meetings
- Participating in a FM360 exchange
- Visiting a Family Medicine Department, or the WHO
- Reviewing a health policy document
See here for more information on the WONCA Europe Scholarship.
The 2019 nominations are now closed.
Previous WONCA Europe Scholarship Winners
- 2019: Claire Marie Thomas
- 2018: Ana Luisa Neves