Vaccines have been proven to have a positive effect on public infectious diseases, however, the importance of vaccination for the adult is often underestimated. Considering gradual decline of the immune response to vaccination with aging, it is important to emphasize adult vaccination and to develop worldwide strategies of vaccination.
Vaccination for tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis as well as for zoster, flu and pneumococcal disease in adults are now recommended in many countries.
In this webinar we will give a highlight of the adult vaccination situation in Europe.
- Vaccines used in adults in European countries
- Necessity of national programmes for adults
- Vaccination passport
About Lecturer Dr. Gindrovel Dumitra
University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Craiova
- 2000 – present: family physician in the town of Sadova, Dolj County;
- 2021 – present: lecturer Family Medicine department in University of Medicine and Pharmacy in Craiova
- 2018 – present: vice President of the National Society of Family Medicine in Romania (SNMF);
- 2012 – present: national coordinator of the Romanian Immunization Working Group of SNMF;
- 2021 – present: General Secretary of the Romanian College of Physicians (CMR);
- 2019 – present: General Secretary of the European Union of Family Physicians (UEMO)
- 2017 – present: secretary Family Medicine Advisory Committee of Ministry of Health;
- 2020 – 2022: member of the National Committee for the Coordination of the Vaccination Activity against Covid 19 (CNCAV)
- 2014 – present: member of IAB Euripa (The European Rural and Isolated Practitioners Association);
- 2012 – present: member of the European Academy of Teachers in General Practice/Family Medicine (EURACT).
- Member of the Romanian College of Physicians, the National Society of Family Medicine, the European Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases (ESPID), the Romanian Society of Travel and Travel Medicine.
- Honorary member of the Romanian Society of Microbiology
About the Moderator Dr Ferdinando Petrazzuoli
Ferdinando Petrazzuoli has been a family doctor in his native, rural, village in Southern Italy for 35 years. He is a postdoctoral researcher at the Center for Primary Health Care Research, Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Lund University, Sweden. He obtained his PhD at the Center for Primary Health Care Research, Department of Clinical Sciences in Malmo, Lund University, Sweden in 2019 with the thesis: Dementia management in European Primary Care. He has a Master of Science (MSc) in Primary Care & General Practice from the University of Ulster (United Kingdom) (2008). From June 2022 on WONCA Europe Executive Board member at large (EURIPA). From 2010 to 2019 he was a member of the Executive Board of the European General Practice Research Network (EGPRN) which is a network within WONCA Europe. He completed three terms as vice-chair and is responsible for the Web Based Research Course. In 2017 he was nominated to be chair of the Dementia group in the Working Party on Mental Health of WONCA WORLD. In 2015 he was nominated to the Euripa Executive Board, and became Chair of the EURIPA Scientific Board. Euripa is the European Rural and Isolated Practitioners Association and is a network within WONCA Europe. In 2022 he was nominated member at large for the WONCA Working Party on Mental Health. 2018-2020 Involved in Fall-in-Age project: Innovative Training for Technology-based Frailty and Falls Management, an Eramus+ granted Project Project Reference: 2018-1-PT01-KA203-047343. https://fallinage.ist.utl.pt/index.html
This webinar is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from GSK.