Health ministers and high-level delegates of the 53 Member States of the WHO European Region, as well as representatives of partner organizations and civil society, gathered in Tel Aviv, Israel, or connected virtually for the 72nd session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe (RC72), between 12–14 September 2022. Wonca Europe was represented by the president Prof Dr Shlomo Vinker. Dr. Mehmet Ungan, WONCA Europe liaison to WHO, did participate in the meeting remotely.
At the end of the session Wonca Europe endorsed the following statements:
- Statement on agenda item 5: The WHO European framework for action to achieve the highest attainable standard of health for persons with disabilities 2022–2030.
- EFAD and the undersigned organizations, call upon WHO not to leave Nutritional Care behind.
- Statement on agenda item 17 (D) Implementation of the Action Plan for the Prevention and Control of Noncommunicable Diseases in the WHO European Region 2016–2025: Progress report by the INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION FOR HOSPICE & PALLIATIVE CARE.
- Statement on agenda item 9 Roadmap to accelerate the elimination of cervical cancer as a public health problem in the WHO Region.
- Joint Statement by EuroHealthNet and other Non-State Actors 72nd Session of the WHO Regional Committee for Europe Provisional Agenda item 3 “Regional digital health action plan for the WHO European Region (EPW flagship)”