WONCA Europe will finance two projects, each by a sum of 5,000 EUR. WONCA Europe member organizations (MOs), WONCA Europe networks and WONCA Europe special interest groups (SIGs) are entitled for application. We encourage partnerships between MOs, WE networks, and WE SIGs. At least one open access publication should be published within the project.
The topics for projects are:
- Workforce capacity building in family practice in Europe
- Strengthening of integrated primary care in Europe
One project from each topic will be accepted for financing.
The proposals should contain no more than 3000 words and should include the following information:
- Objective(s) of the proposed project
- Description of the work programme
- Project management: detailed implementation plan and timetable with roles of all project partners
- Relevance of the project for the WONCA Europe and for the development of European Family Medicine
- Financial plan of the project
The funding can be used for the following:
- Secretarial support /project coordinator
- Literature review
- Translation (where the applicants cannot undertake this themselves)
- Materials: project related materials eg. laboratory costs, validating questionnaires
- Personnel costs and fees
- Costs for analysis of data / methodological advice
- Publication cost for open access for one article with the study results (mandatory)
- Other items may be considered if approved in project budgets
- Capacity of the project leader/group
- Quality and efficiency of implementation and management
- Soundness of the concept and relevance to the objectives
- Feasibility of the project
- Number of participating MOs
For each of the criteria (except for No. 5), the following assessment scale is used:
- Poor: 1 point (The criterion is inadequately addressed, or there are serious inherent weaknesses.)
- Fair: 2 points (The proposal broadly addresses the criterion, but there are significant weaknesses.
- Good: 3 points (The proposal addresses the criterion well, but a number of shortcomings are present.
- Very good: 4 points (The proposal addresses the criterion very well, but a small number of shortcomings are present.
- Excellent: 5 points (The proposal successfully addresses all relevant aspects of the criterion. Any shortcomings are minor.
For No.5: if more than one MOs is involved and at least one WONCA Europe Network or WESIG, additional 5 points will be assigned.
The applications will be assessed by an ad hoc committee of three researchers.
The deadline for an application is 31st of January 2023. The proposals should be sent to the WONCA Europe Secretariat: SecretariatEurope@wonca.net .
Prof. Dr. Shlomo Vinker
WONCA Europe President
Prof. Dr. Zalika Klemenc Ketiš
WONCA Europe Hon. Treasurer
Prof. Dr. Thomas Frese
WONCA Europe President Elect